Everyone is experiencing supply chain woes right now, so here are some tips to get you through the current economic situation
It’s no secret that there are serious labor and material shortages all throughout the United States right now, and these supply chain shortages are impacting every industry in profound ways. From overall availability, costs and circulation, the pallet industry’s supply chain has seen negative impacts in recent months.
The Pallet Guys have been industry leaders for decades now, so we’ve been through economic downturns and seen many different types of supply chain problems. The truth is that everyone’s unique scenario is going to dictate their best ways to overcome these types of supply chain obstacles, but you’re also always going to be better off when you partner with specialists that can help get your foot in the door.
We want to be there for all our customers as the pallet industry goes through inevitable fluctuations in the near future, which is why we’ve developed this list of 8 things that business leaders can do today to better manage the current supply chain crunch.
All it takes is a little bit of creativity and sacrifice, and our team of pallet experts is here to ensure your company’s long-term success even when supply chain woes make things more difficult for you!
8 Things You Can Do To Support Your Business During A Supply Chain Crunch
If pallet shortages are currently causing you and your business team some pain, then you should know that you’re not alone. The following are some tips to keep in mind to help your team avoid disruptions and gain more peace of mind during the current supply chain crisis:
- 1. Be sure to give your pallet supplier plenty of lead time. The more time you provide us with information about your next order, the better prepared we’ll be to ensure that you receive your new pallets in a timely manner. We’re now recommending our clients to provide around 14-20 days of advance notice for their pallet orders, because we’ll need a little bit of extra time than normal to ensure that you’re obtaining the quality of products/services that you undoubtedly deserve!
- 2. Another good strategy for business leaders right now is to consider making a switch to softwood if you’re currently utilizing hardwood for your shipping and logistics needs. The Pallet Guys provide a wide range of high-quality used pallets that will help you save money and skirt past many supply chain delays.
- 3. Ask us about sourcing and how we can manage your pallet needs from a different region. One of the best parts about working with The Pallet Guys is that you can be rest assured knowing that you’re working with some of the best in the entire industry. We have many different industry connections that help keep us as versatile as possible, so we can many times help you fill in certain voids through our partnerships.
- 4. Always be as safe as possible with your existing pallet supply, and be sure to repair your pallets when it’s necessary. Wood pallets just so happen to be a unique type of product for any business because they are easily recyclable, and extending the lifetime of each of your pallets is incredibly important while supply chain issues persist.
- 5. If you can, it’s a good idea to keep a “safety stock” of pallets at your facility. This may mean that you’ll want to order extra pallets now in order to save them for later, but keeping an excess supply will go a long way in ensuring your overall success during material and labor shortages.
- 6. Partner with a reputable pallet supplier that will highly value you as an existing customer, and will be willing to take you on as a new client. A lot of pallet suppliers simply aren’t accepting new customers today due to supply chain issues, but you can be rest assured that The Pallet Guys have you covered no matter what your specific needs are!
- 7. Adapting your company’s inventory will go a very long way in ensuring that you’re also being as efficient as possible with your overall pallet usage. We simply all must do our part in making the most out of our pallets while supply chain woes exist, so this may require certain types of logistical changes on your end.
- 8. Lastly, it’s important for business leaders to remain flexible during supply chain crunches. As much as you’ll need to be decisive about your investment decisions, you’re also going to be better off when you’re simply understanding of the current situation we’re all going through. And as a business leader, it’s part of your job to act quickly when you need to secure your future supply of pallets and crates.
Contact The Pallet Guys To Learn More About How We Can Support Your Business During Supply Chain Crunches!
All of us at The Pallet Guys understand that there isn’t all that much anyone can do about the current supply chain crisis, but that our reactions to certain scenarios will dictate our short-term success until things normalize again. Our guided support and industry expertise will help your business when things get tough, and this is a big reason why our existing clients are so attuned with supply chain strategies.
Contact us online or call us at 832-895-7555 to speak with our team today to learn more about how we can support you during the current supply chain crunch!